Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tom's backpack

Ok, so as I type, Taylor is at Tom's sleepover party so I assume presents have been opened - hope he likes it!

Taylor picked the fabric from my stash and away I went. I changed it from my other backpacks by lining it, adding firm interfacing to the exterior and I used strapping and adjustable clippy things (lol) for the straps. I also changed it to an angled opening instead of straight which I really like.

What didn't I like about it? I forgot to increase the length of the two front panels so they don't overlap much at all! I looked high and low for my snaps so that I could add a snap or two to the front to hold it all together but they seem to have gone walkabout! :( So, I'll keep looking and I'll let Deb know :)

Front:


Back:


Opening:

No comments: