Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's been a productive day!

I made Ellie a Toddler backpack from here this afternoon! It's a zipless bag which just overlaps at the front.

Front:


Showing the front opening:


Back:


Top (excuse the non turned corner on the right hehe) oh and Taylor is modelling!


So, what did I change? I sketched the pattern myself instead of printing so my shape is a little different, I added a hook so that we can hang it up if it gets taken to daycare and ummmm I think thats about it.

I think next time I will overlap the front panels a bit more (I'm thinking of adding a snap to the middle to hold it closed but I think I'll wait and see how Ellie goes with it first. I also didn't do any interfacing as the fabric I used was quite sturdy and canvas-ish.

Taylor has asked me to make her a backpack as well now so I'll be on the lookout for the perfect fabric for her! She has requested black (surprise, surprise lol) I'm thinking black and red checks for the back and side and fingers crossed I can find some Jack Skellington print for the front - if you know where I can get some, please let me know!

No comments: