Ok, so here is the evidence of the only sewing I did today :)
I bought both fabrics from Spotlight yesterday. The grey is some sort of light weight suiting from the remnant box for $2 and the fish is just a poplin print that jumped out at me as I walked past.
I wanted to make James some long shorts so I altered what I normally do for lounge pants and went from there. Oh except that I did all of my topstitching in zigzag which I really like the look of. I'm happy with how they turned out EXCEPT I twisted the elastic!!!!! of course, I noticed AFTER I stitched the gap closed and I am a most reluctant unpicker at the best of times so at almost 12:30am it's truly not looking likely to happen tonight! I hope James likes them! It's the first time I've done applique with vlisofix and it is definitely the start of a new addiction hehehe I think I'm going to have to start making shirts so that I can applique them to match!
So, here they are!
Close up pocket and trim:
Close up applique:
The name tag:
I have zigzagged everywhere as my overlocker needs to go to the doctor!