Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This week's snacks

So, in an effort to reduce the food bill (read SLASH) I am now making all our snacks from scratch :)

This week, I made some savoury muffins, billy G cookies (bought the dough ages ago and found it in the freezer on the weekend), pizza scrolls and sausage rolls.

The muffins - simple savoury recipe with zucchini, carrot and cheese. I poured the remaining mix into a loaf tin and then sliced it and toasted it in fingers :)


The pizza scrolls - I made the dough using SR flour, milk and a pinch of salt and topped with pasta sauce, diced bacon, pineapple and tasty cheese.

Topped

With cheese

Ready for baking

Enjoying the scrolls on the couch! Excuse the tipped over laundry basket lol.

Sausage rolls - I bought some sausage meat this morning on clearance so mixed it up with some diced onion, grated zucchini and carrot and sage and wrapped it in some puff pastry :)

Assembly

Ready to bake - we ended up with 7 small and 9 large sausage rolls :)

Ready to eat!

I've also been asked to make a cake (by Richard) so will be doing that tomorrow.

No comments: